We hope our families are staying safe and finding creative (a must) ways to get through this very trying time. We’re writing because we have heard from many of you recently. A few people have asked about their credit amounts and if it can be used for our on-line store. Some of you have asked about dropping things off and still others about how they can help to keep our store going.
We’d like to answer your questions as best we can.
- We are not going into the store right now as it would be considered non-essential. As soon as we feel comfortable, we will go in and check the credit situation and let you know. Also, credit will be extended for the time that we are closed.
- For the same reasons, we will be unable to collect your items as this time. We were hoping to make curb side appointments earlier on but, again, this would be considered non-essential activity and we all need to stay in as much as possible.
- We greatly appreciate your questions re how you might help the store to survive. This means a great deal to us. When we were forced to close down, we weighed all funding options. We chose not to “go there” in solidarity with our community - understanding and empathizing with EVERYONE'S loss of work, income, and financial struggle. But the possibility of having to close our store has become more of a reality. Please know that we will take advantage of all the financial aid being offered small businesses. But it is still a rough road. A number of you have suggested our opening a “Go Fund Me” account and we have decided to give it a try. If anyone feels that they are financially ABLE and WILLING to contribute to helping Jane’s Exchange stay afloat, please do and thanks so much!!!
In the meantime, please:
- Keep sending us any requests/inquiries (via email or social media messages)
- Shop on our online store but, unfortunately, you can not use your credit.
- Purchase gift certificates for you or a loved one to use online now or in-store soon!
Stay safe, sane, healthy, and happy!
Love from our families to yours,